Consuming the Environment 2017 – multidiciplinary approaches to urbanization and vulnerability
Conference and workshop 3-5 December 2017 at the University of Gävle, Sweden
Climate change, environmental degradation, people escaping war and hard living circumstances are questions the media report on daily. How severe is it? What do people know, how are they informed and what are they thinking? What are media telling us? In what way are environmental concerns dealt with in different academic disciplines? In popular culture? What about education and politics? What more do we need know?
The University of Gävle is pleased to invite you to contribute with articles and posters.
Themes are announced on conference webbsite www.hig.se/consumingtheenvironment
- Media, memories and cultural flows
- Celebrities politics and environmental commitment
- Strategic environmental communication
- History of the Environmental Discourses
- Local media, global environmental threats: Storytelling
- Environmental Disasters in the risk society
- Sustainable City Developent: Green Spaces in urban environments and social change.
- Engraved memories and heritage: local and indigenous knowledge
- Environment Education
- Consuming of Clothing
- Other interesting theme? Contact conference committee firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2017 conference highlights urbanization and vulnerability.
10 April Call for abstracts, max 400 words.
1 May – 18 August Online abstract submission form is open. Acceptance or rejection of abstract will be notified continously.
Abstract submitted at least two weeks in advance will get a notification on 31 May, 30 June and 3 September.
14 August Registration opens.
18 August Deadline for submitting abstract.
3 September Deadline acceptance notification.
15 September Early-bird registration closes.
1 November Deadline submission of papers and posters.
3 December Social events in Gävle.
4-5 December Conference and workshops.
Consuming the Environment is a humanistic research initiative to a multidisciplinary approach.
Please feel free to forward to your networks.
Looking forward to your contributions,
Dr EvaÅsén Ekstrand, email@example.com
University of Gävle