Faculty of Philosophy, Media Studies, the German Research Foundation (DFG) Collaborative Research Centre (CRC) “Media of Cooperation“ is looking for a postdoc at the earliest possible date under the following conditions:
• 100% = 39,83 hours
• Salary category 13 TV-L
• fixed-term period until 31.12.2023
CRC 1187 “Media of Cooperation”: The CRC is an interdisciplinary research association consisting of 15 projects and more than 60 researchers from the fields of media studies, science and technology studies, anthropology, sociology, German language and literature studies, computer sciences, and medicine, as well as history, education, and engineering. It is receiving funding from the German Research Foundation (DFG) since 2016.Within the subproject A01 “Digital Network Technologies between Specialization and Generalization“, we jointly investigate histories of digital media since 1989. We aim for a theory of digitality that encompasses practices, infrastructures, and publics.
- Cutting-edge research in media history and theory
- Further qualification with a second book or Habilitation
- Organizing international conferences and publications along with other subprojects of the CRC
- Developing new ideas for grant extension
- Participating in the general program of the CRC (research forum, workshops, conferences)
- Contributing to the core topics of the CRC (infrastructures, publics, praxeology)
- Excellent PhD in Media Studies, Cultural Studies, Science and Technology Studies or History
- Experience in microhistory and openness towards digital methods
- An international and interdisciplinary research profile
- Excellent proficiency in English, further languages are highly welcome
- This position aims to promote the candidate’s scientific qualification (according to the Act of Academic Fixed-Term Contracts; Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz), for which the ongoing media research in Siegen offers a supportive environment (Habilitation)
- Responsibility for a field with great creative potential
- An agile environment that supports engagement with innovative educational work
- The opportunity to make a visible contribution towards modern accounts of leadership, cooperation and diversity culture
- Numerous offers such as flexible working hours, company pension scheme, dual career service, coaching/mentoring and a comprehensive personnel development program
We look forward to receiving your application by 02.03.2021.Please apply exclusively via our application portal (https://jobs.uni-siegen.de or https://u-si.de/WhZUm respectively). Unfortunately, we cannot consider applications in paper form or by email.
Dr. Sebastian Gießmann
0271 / 740 – 2586
The University of Siegen is an equal opportunity employer. The call for applications is explicitly aimed at people of all genders (m/f/d); applications from women are given preference in accordance with the North Rhine-Westphalian Equal Opportunities Act (Landesgleichstellungsgesetz). We also welcome applications from people with different personal, social and cultural backgrounds, people with severe disabilities and people of equal status.